Smoke Alarm Safety in Columbia
Smoke alarms save lives. This statement is only true, if they are properly installed and maintained. According to Missouri Department of Public Safety, about 540 children (14 and under) die each year from home fires and 80 percent of those children did not have working smoke alarms in the home. What can you do keep your family safe?
- Every Bedroom
- Every level
- Don’t forget basement and attic
Test & Replace
- Monthly by pressing the test button
- Replace batteries every year (daylight saving time)
- Replace unit every 10 years
- Fire escape plan with two exits
- Practice fire drill
- Interconnect all smoke alarms throughout the home
When fire and water damage take control of your life and home, SERVPRO® of Columbia will help you take it back. We are here to help our neighbors in Columbia, Centralia, and Ashland area.